We went to breakfast with everyone and then Rima, Eleanor, Laura-Nelle, Keely, Blakeley, Lauren, Anna, and I all went out to the Communism Museum. It was really informative about everything that was going on in the Czech Republic at the time. I learned a lot more in depth on topics like Radio Free Europe and Marxism. There was a representation of a real interrogation room complete with tile floor, typewriter, and ringing phone. It was really creepy actually. Then they showed what it was like after, when the Berlin wall came down. One of the best quotes I saw was "Two times we welcomed the Soviet tanks with tears in our eyes - with two very different kinds of tears." Because the first time, they saw the Soviets as liberators from the Nazis, and the second time they brought a new form of control and unpleasantness.
We ate lunch at the McDonald's next door. There was no ice in my Coke and I got a curry/indian sauce for my nuggets which was good, but strange for McDonalds. They apparently call the Quarter Pounder the Royale or Royal everywhere except the U.S.
Headed over to the Sex Machines museum. They had lots of old machines but also some drawings of new things which had only just recently been patented.
Blakeley and I went to the Starbucks for internet. The video quality was much better there.
We went back to the hostel to get dressed up and headed out to dinner. All the ADN girls and Jeremy went to dinner, but he made it really awkward and left before we ordered. All night, the waiter kept saying that they didn't have any of whatever we wanted. No white wine, no dessert, no this, no that. It was still a good meal anyway.
Everyone met up at the Clocktower to go out for drinks. Eleanor wanted to try "Bed," but everyone said it was too expensive so we ended up at a place called the Chapeau Rouge. The other half of the group was there, and we danced and drank until around 2 AM. Lauren and I decided to head out, but the metro doesn't run between midnight and 4AM, so we had to get a tram. It took forever and we just wandered around in the freezing cold for a while. The tram we finally did end up on had everyone else on it too. We got home finally and I slept until noon.
8 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment