2.10.2009

Jazz Night at the Agharta

No class today but I am the monitor for the first time. They scheduled the meeting for giving out the alarm codes for the Monday that I was the only one out of town, so I went to find Dana to get an alarm code. She said not to worry about it, that I would get one on Thursday, and that someone would be at studio tonight to help me close up because it was Jazz night. Went to find Cream & Dream for real this time with Lauren. We did find it and it was delicious gelato, not ice cream, but then we got lost again on the way back. After, I just chilled out for a while and waited for other people to get out of class. Lauren and I went to Tesco and I got some thread and buttons to make a pretty card for Eleanor for her secret Valentine. I also picked up a bottle of white wine that had a pretty label, and some other groceries. I made shepherd's pie for dinner which was really cheap but everyone really liked it and it was extremely easy as we used frozen vegetables. They don't have just ground beef here, though. All of the pre ground mixtures are roughly half and half pork and beef. We just call it bork and soldier through.
At about 8:30 we left to go to the Agharta, but none of the professors were there to help me close, so Andrew had to lend a hand and put his code in for me. The jazz club was underground and very cool. We all had drinks and sat around - it was a good time, and good music. Most of us went home after a good while though but some stayed out because it was Art's last night in Prague.

No comments: