
Animal House, George Orwell. Screenprinted poster from Whigby. I love quotes like this.

Brilliant and dreamy way of draping a bed. I love this - the metal frame, all the quilts - can you tell I'm into textiles?

From the desk of Mary Randolph Carter, of Ralph Lauren. Messy, but inspiring and also comforting that I am not the only one whose desk looks like this! From Apartment Therapy.

Another from the desk of Mary Randolph Carter. James Taylor and Wellies. A woman after my own heart.

Russian girls from the Ural area. Beautiful clothing and amazing hardy and sturdy people. I love the dress on the one in the middle. By Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii. Link

Gorgeous way to paint a room. Seems like it makes the whole space taller. The colors are beautiful too - very classic and elegant.

Soviet bus shelter. Inspiring shape. Polar Inertia.

Pretty home with pretty bookshelves. This is not cluttered, but it's not minimalist either which a lot of times I think can devolve into uncomfortably clean or spartan.

Soviet bus stop. Incredible unique and distinguished shapes, considering the majority of Soviet architecture.
+++ Sorry for the break in regular postings. I thought maybe this would be fun sometimes so you guys can see what I'm working with when I head into my classes. All this stuff goes through my head! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. +++

No comments:
Post a Comment