3.03.2009

5 of 6, Vienna

Rima got up earlier than we did and went to the doctor. Apparently she had a panic attack when she arrived and they tried to treat her for that as opposed to the nausea and the rest. They did give her some medicine, though, and she stayed in again. 
We three finally did get up and ready to go and went out to the Belvedere which houses fine art and some special exhibits. It is a really beautiful building and the gardens were intricately laid out. We weren't allowed to take photos inside, though. There were some really amazing paintings though - a couple Van Gogh and The Kiss, by Klimt. That was the most impressive thing I've seen in a long time. The Kiss was huge, much larger than I had thought, and the paint on it was incredibly intense - metallic patterns of triangles and circles that popped off of the canvas in amazing 3-D. The brushstrokes were perfect and beautiful. 
Laura-Nelle went to the opera tonight, but I didn't go. The tickets were pretty cheap, but I didn't really have the clothes to go, and I'm not sure I'm really an opera person. Vienna is interesting, but I'll be glad to be back in Prague. 

No comments: