On Saturday, I slept in some, because I wasn't going out until noon. My exchange student, Katharina, came to meet me at the hostel. She looked mostly the same, but her hair was shorter. She graduated from University last year and just got a great job at Volkswagen in October. We went to the Jewish Museum and saw the special exhibit on "Deadly Medicine," aka eugenics and how the Nazis got ahold of it as an idea to give cause to the ethnic cleansing and the Holocaust. It was a really interesting exhibit. We also had really excellent potato soup there at the museum for lunch and saw the regular exhibit as well. The Holocaust tower was cool but also scary kind of because it was just a huge concrete tower with only one light source and you could hear everything inside and out. When we left, we got some Polizei to take a photo of us.
Most everyone else went out to get a "traditional German meal." I stayed in and cooked in the hostel kitchen, just some pasta. In the kitchen I met 2 Italian girls and a Turkish boy. They were really nice and gave me a slice of their pizza and a cup of jasmine tea. We had a great conversation about Turkey and cooking in general, where they were from etc. Turns out the Turkish boy's parents are from 2 of the places I got to visit while there! Then everyone came back and we went out to a club nearby to the hostel. Even Fernando came with us! It was a lot of fun to dance and have a couple beers with everyone. They even played some Michael Jackson.
8 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment