3.20.2009

Prerov nad Lebem

We all got up early and met Martin downstairs at the hostel. We took a 45 minute bus ride to a little town - Prerov nad Lebem. The town had a museum set up of what life was like there back when they made everything themselves. Among the buildings were a cooperage, granary, a schoolhouse, and a church. Out back, there were real sheep and they came down and played with us. Ate out of our hands. In all the little exhibits were mannequins to represent what people were doing in there. The mannequins looked enough like humans to be really creepy. I walked into one of the little houses and there was an older lady in there. At first I thought she was a mannequin too, and then she moved and I freaked out!
I bought Marie some painted eggs, and Ian some honey. It looked kind of solid, and I'm hoping it's the kind that's crystallized like butter and easy to spread.
When we returned, Eleanor, Rima, and I went into studio. I figured out how to get to Flex-Tex, so we headed over there to get fabric for our costumes. I found some awesome fabric for my vest and pants. I probably got too much of it. I think I'm going to make my vest a real vest, something that I want to wear in real life, perhaps.
Lauren hasn't been here because she has gone home temporarily. Her grandmother passed away and so she's gone to the funeral.
After Terry and Blakeley got back from getting tickets for the soccer game tomorrow, and after dinner, we three watched the Big Lebowski.

No comments: