Got up today a little later than yesterday - a lot of the LAR students had to be there early and I guess Karen was part of that group. I still wasn't feeling my best so I took some pseudophedrine which is the strongest medicine I brought.
We arrived at studio with no trouble. The metro is clearly marked here and it's just a matter of finding the stations. Sometimes they are hidden; they look like just a doorway and then you turn and see an escalator and a couple small shops. Our studio is right by a market and so that was our landmark today. I don't see a lot of street signs usually but I am beginning to find my way around a little.
We went to an atelier of a school nearby to see what some Czech students were producing. Their stuff was really neat and out-of-the-box. My medicine still wasn't working by then and there was a lot of dust in their studio. So much so, in fact, that my eyes started to water and I couldn't breathe out of my nose. Ladja, our professor, thought I was crying about something serious. I ended up being taken back to the studio. He bought me some soup and I drank some tea, and then I found my health services card and Anael took me to the doctor.
The doctor was probably a 30 minute ride all together on the metro and tram. When we got there, I figured out I had lost my card again and had to reprint it out. The nurses and doctor all spoke English well. He was very kind to me and asked me all sorts of questions. When he took my pulse, though, it was really high, around 115 bpm. He conducted an EKG just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with my heart. I'm sure there wasn't - I was very stressed out by the idea of being sick in a foreign country with no one I knew anywhere around. He gave me a lot of different drugs - alka-seltzer-like tabs for mucus, decongestant, lozenges to suck on, and a couple different kinds of drops to put in water and drink for my cough and immune system. Anael had to go pick up her mom, so I made it home by myself.
Back at the hostel, I felt a lot better once I took some of the drugs and had some tea. I took a nap from 4-7 and then got up for dinner. I was prescribed a lot of rest, but we're traveling to Paris tomorrow so I am going to bed at 8 to be sure to get enough sleep.
8 hours ago

1 comment:
Keep this up, I'm reading. :)
Post a Comment