The Barnes & Noble.
Cons: Drive time. Expensive, shitty Starbucks coffee. A lot of times I walk in, and don't find anything anyway. Pros: Better selection. Comfortable chairs. Decent bottled water, and I should be drinking water anyway. Magazine selection is excellent. Gets me out of the house.
The library. Cons: Selection. Also, bad chairs. Also, terrible coffee. Pros: No cost books. Except that doesn't really factor in my late fees. Also, right next door to a grocery store.
The mall. I don't really need another excuse to spend money, my best shopping buddy is out of town, I can't even put a finger on something I need... and yet... Cary Towne Center is calling to me. I think I'll probably just end up buying pretzel sticks, wandering around in Ann Taylor, and hoping no one has a sale I can talk myself into.
Mani-pedi. Cons: My favorite place is across town from the bookstore, I don't really feel like talking to someone I'll never see again. Pros: I kind of need one.
Knitting til I run out of yarn. (Soon.) Since all the yarn stores that aren't an hour away are closed today I will simply be finishing up old projects... but eventually I will have to stop because I will be out of BamBoo. Also, it means I will be sitting on my ass at home until who knows when.
And the winner is Barnes & Noble! At least when I buy something I will feel like it's literature and therefore worth my time. I heretofore promise to bring my reading list.

No comments:
Post a Comment