I read Gala Darling's website on a regular basis. She writes lovely things about fashion, hair extensions, her life, and fun positivity in general. She also lives in Australia. Her website is available to view at Icing Bowl. I can't tell if you're able to read that link, so it's www.galadarling.com if you feel like copying/pasting.
Recently she asked her readers, a.k.a. "non-pareils," how we felt about her blog. The last question addressed how we would do it differently. My answer was as follows:
"My cupcake would be vanilla/orange swirl with buttercream icing and cinnamon red-hots on top. No, seriously it would address pertinent issues that affect women I know, like the rising cost of birth control on college campuses across the U.S. Or, the increasing number of families that subscribe to the fairly frightening Quiverfull movement, and that think feminists are irrational, man-hating bra-burners. I'd review recipes for cupcakes. I'd talk about eating on a college schedule. I think I'd also mention my personal life and the coffee shop I work for."
So here is where it starts, I think. I'm going to spend a couple hours a week from here til the end of the semester writing about issues that I think are important, like the ones mentioned above.
I can't start tonight, it's too late for me today. But, you should expect to hear from me soon.
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment