9.05.2006

ONE DREAM

I had the strangest dream. We were being taught in a Harrelson-like building, but it was actually closer to one of the old Roman coliseums. Lisa was in my class, even though it was a studio. All of a sudden, I'm outside, with a bunch of people in an open area. We're wandering around, when the Spartan army starts to come over the hill. (The hill, duh!) I'm floating over them, and they just keep coming. And coming. And finally, when there's a little break, we think the onslaught is over, but it's not. Another wave of whatever kind of army this is comes over again. They kill everyone. Everyone, or so we think. I go back inside, and Lisa is just sitting where I left her, at her desk. There are all these wierd dogs around her, and as I run in, she screams to tell me that one of them has been biting her, and tearing up her leg. I look, and sure enough, there's a huge wound on her calf. I scream at the dogs, and we start trying to shut them in the room next door and get both of us safely out into the hallway, or something. We finally manage it, after several unsuccesful attempts. I go home (to my parents' house) to get Lisa and I some food and rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide to treat her wound, and see my mom there. I reach for the refridgerator, and am suddenly holding a microphone and telling a newscaster what it felt like to be trapped for so long. I look at her strangely and run up the stairs that are to my right, and find a young boy named Macbeth O'Connor on the top step. I keep going past him and realize that there were more than just Lisa and I in the building after all, and that everyone has aged several years since I saw them last. I bring her the hydrogen peroxide and we treat her leg. The young boy turns out to be the 4-year old child of two friends of whom I recognize immediately but cannot name. We all descend the stairs and into the masses of public, come to our rescue and to see our release.

No comments: