5.07.2008

As it happens, I am actually going to attend three potlucks this week. I went to one yesterday, celebrating Cinco de Mayo with good friends and virgin margaritas (I prefer tequila in mine but this was a Christian gathering with underage folks). I will still be going to the one on Saturday, and additionally attending one on Thursday. DAKOTA, this means you have to come or else!!
Otherwise...
I'm in the middle of knitting some fingerless gloves... I bought new fingering yarn last week and it's all beautiful. The first is a variegated light grey merino fingering yarn, with a really lovely wrapped texture to it. It's coming out wonderfully striped in garter stitch. The next is a Panda Silk yarn with roughly half bamboo and the rest a mix of superwash merino and silk. It's a moody purple-blue-silver-grey blend that I'm really looking forward to working with. The last is a stormy blue-grey bamboo cotton blend that's actually a little thicker than glove yarn, and I'm thinking of mittens instead. I hate mittens, though, so maybe not.
Moving home is proving more difficult than previously anticipated. I'm having to combine a lot of things and move a ton of my stuff into storage of some sort, which requires boxes of sorts and other containers like so. I have a lot of books and old clothing in my room that I need to move out, but in the meantime I've been putting more stuff in that I brought home from school. It's going to take a lot of trashbags and boxes and trips to Goodwill to get this all cleaned up - and that's not even counting the things in studio that I have yet to bring home.
I'm getting my sewing machine home today though - I have to start working on fixing my friend Miller's pants... he wears them constantly and has finally worn a hole in them. Luckily he has a competent seamstress as a friend... !!

No comments: