1.11.2008

New Year, New Gennie?

This year, I have some resolutions that I'm really working on. I also have some goals - and I'll be chronicling how I'm doing on all of these things as the year goes on. 

Resolutions:
1. Eat less. I'm using this as a resolution rather than "lose weight" or "exercise more" because this is something I think I can probably follow. "Lose weight" is kind of vague, and exercising more, while getting me in shape technically, is probably more of a time commitment than I can make this semester. Plus, you have to continue exercising forever if you want to continue to eat the same amount of food. 
 1.a. Eat healthier. This is kind of self-explanatory. I want to make sure that when I eat, I'm exercising my options as far as what I'm choosing to put in my body. 
2. No new clothes. This is a self-challenge item. It excludes things like underwear and socks and shoes. *corresponding goal item*
3. Spend less. I've been keeping track of my expenses lately with the money management program Mint, available at mint.com. It's free, online tracking of your transactions, and from what I can tell is very secure. They don't move money for you, and it's not online banking - it's simply categorizing your transactions in a very easy to read way. 

Goals: 
1. Fold 1000 origami cranes. This is a personal, artistic goal, as well as a way to honor my grandmother and her struggle with breast cancer. 
2. Make more of my own clothing. Develop a personal style. 
3. Neaten up. 
4. Find an internship for the summer.

I'm looking forward to a very busy semester - sayonara, sleep - I won't be doing much of that this time around. I'm going to focus on myself and on completing what I need to have done and do. I need to practice being what I want to bring into my life; things like long-term friendships, love, and happiness. A cleaner, more organized mind. Working two jobs and juggling two majors isn't easy, but it can be done. This semester I want less death, fewer arguments, lower voices, more smiles, more kisses, less stuff, more assertiveness, less doubt. In short, I want it all, and I want it now. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, I just wanted to thank you for the secret santa gift. I was far from home this Christmas and it was nice to recieve something special. It was wonderful and random and just perfect. It took me a while to realize that I could take the address out to read who my santa was... so that´s why I´m a little late on the thanks.

You´re a peach!
Andrea