I ran across several different blogs in the last couple days that all encouraged me to make lists. The first listed 100 ideas for blogs and encouraged me to write on one. The second encouraged me to make a list of 100 to get rid of writer's block, or to decide on an issue. Well, when I ran across Gala Darling's article on Beloved Aesthetics, I knew my list of 100 was going to be 100 Aesthetic Things I Love.
1. I love the way the smell of a man, his aftershave, and his deodorant all mix.
2. I love over the knee boots like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
3. I love boys in ties and jackets.
4. I love it when boys look better with tuxes on.
5. I adore boys in cute rectangular frame glasses.
6. I love the glamour of the forties.
7. I love bright lips and pale faces.
8. I like short hair and cute girls.
9. I love grey-blues. Steel blues. Cadet blues.
10. I love the headbanded look of the 20s.
11. I love the long fringe-y dresses of the flappers.
12. I love rust oranges, burgundies, and emerald greens.
13. I love a nude, beachy look.
14. I love a hardcore, all black eyeliner look.
15. I love skinny boys.
16. I love boys who are bigger than me.
17. I love boys who look like they could pick me up and break me.
18. I love protective boys.
19. I love green eyes. I love nice lips. I love girls with tiny waists and I love girls who wear high heels.
20. I love girls who wear preppy dresses all the time, girls who are the next Jackie Kennedy. I love girls who wear J. Crew.
21. I love girls who wear layers, I love girls who wear jewelry they made themselves. I love girls who wear earth tones.
22. I love riding boots.
23. I love white crisp button down shirts with blue jeans and heels.
24. I love dark wash blue jeans.
25. I love check. Especially lumberjack chic red and black check.
26. I love the scattered look, the "I got dressed off the floor today" look.
27. I love not caring how I'm dressed today because I have too damn much work to do to care.
28. I love simple jewelry.
29. I love Rachael Yamagata, and I love her voice.
30. I love Frank Gehry's line of Tiffany jewelry.
31. I love dark glossy bobs with headbands and feathers.
32. I love Stepford wife style with a circle skirt, pearls, and heels.
33. I love moleskine notebooks and I love writing in them.
34. I love red lips on rainy days.
35. I love handmade clothing, with awesome, one-of-a-kind prints.
36. I love defined cheekbones and I love strong jawlines.
37. I love people who work late because they love their work.
38. I love simple palettes of clothing, neutral colors and neutral pieces.
39. I love kneesocks, especially with mary janes.
40. I love Veronica Lake style bangs.
41. I love homemade scarves, and handknit gloves.
42. I love Marie Antoinette style pearls in the hair.
43. I love the color yellow, even neon. Mustard, ochre, daffodil, Post-It note, sunshine, amber, corn, goldenrod, saffron.
44. I love wellies with skirts, I love unexpectedly bright dresses, and I love them together.
45. I love nose piercings.
46. I love velvet, when it’s tasteful and decadent. NOT crushed velvet.
47. I love henna tattoos on people’s backs that peek up just over the edge of the back of their shirt or dress.
48. Nerd/tech/geeky sort of boys. Especially photographers, or drummers.
49. I love photographers more though, because I am a virulent narcissist.
50. I love chocolate brown leather.
51. I love square-cut rings.
52. I love pashminas, in lots and lots of solid colors and some mixed too.
53. I love girls who layer everything flawlessyly and make you wonder if they got their coat in a vintage shop or at anthropologie.
54. I LOVE anthropologie. (In fact, a post on my favorite clothing out right now is overdue, and you’ll see it soon.)
55. I love English accents. I love French accents more.
56. I love bright friendly smiles. I love smirky cute smiles. I adore being smirked at, especially by someone cute.
57. I love boys, with red hair, who are helpful and cute and smart and funny. (well, any boy like that but recently redheads.)
58. I love depression era glasses. I love when people set their tables with mismatched pieces.
59. I love wrapped bandannas around wrists. I also like silk scarves wrapped around wrists.
60. I love flannel shirts, in a “yes, I work outside” kind of way.
61. I love trucks, men with facial hair, and carpenter’s jeans.
62. I love cashmere cardigans. I love cashmere shawl necks, and I love cashmere v-necks. I love cashmere.
63. I love maxi dresses with gladiator sandals.
64. I love T-strap heels.
65. I love colored winter coats. (Interesting colors only.)
66. I love colored fishnet stockings.
67. I love wrap sweaters.
68. I love flushed cheeks.
69. I love deep brown and deep blue nailpolish.
70. I love wrist tattoos. Two of my favorites are symbols – my friend Bryan has a question mark, and my friend Dan has an infinity symbol. Both are classy and dead sexy.
71. I love peridot rings.
72. I love stubble on guys. 5 o’clock shadow, couple days without shaving, whatever. Love it.
73. I love retro looks.
74. I love the all black monochrome look.
75. I love the androgynous look, but not on curvy girls.
76. I love plaid, stripes, spots, pattern.
77. I love Empire features. Aristocratic noses.
78. I love comfortable clothes that still make me look and feel good anyway.
79. I love being able to smell just enough of another girl’s perfume or shampoo and not being overwhelmed.
80. I love corsets, and I love people that wear corsets.
81. I love ballerina skirts with large shoes, or with tights and heels. Anything out of proportion.
82. I love (and am insanely jealous of) girls who can wear jeans or sweatpants and a tshirt every day and still look good, and then turn around and look AMAZINGOMG when they actually try.
83. I love the surprises in cereal boxes.
84. I love Secret Garden style.
85. I love Bordeux styled anything, and damask-patterned wallpaper in small spaces.
86. I love light freckles on noses.
87. I love jewelry with locks, or clocks or other interactive things.
88. I love making comfortable things.
89. I love short nails and dark nail polish.
90. I love sheer see through shirts.
91. I love reading, and I love meeting people who read. I love sharing books, and a=I adore talking about them.
92. I especially love reading non-fiction these days – there’s so much good interesting stuff out there, and I want to know it all !
93. I love vintage engagement rings.
94. I love the Tudors, (the real ones, not the HBO show) and I love clothing inspired by tha.
95. I love shiny and sparkly things. I especially like glitter.
96. I love brightly colored shoes with otherwise generic outfits.
97. I love white white teeth, and girls who rock them.
98. I love dressing modestly and still looking good.
99. I love matte lipstick.
100. I LOVE GETTING DRESSED!
8 hours ago

2 comments:
hi i would like to talk to you :)
dont mind if you can reply back to my email id : ajaykumar127@gmail.com
cya...
Hi Gennie, I'm Genie. I found you because I was looking for people interested in vinegar. Any chance you make your own? I have a vinegar question and I'm looking for help! I just started making vinegar and have run into a small problem.
Post a Comment