8 hours ago
10.26.2006
ONE DAY, YOU MIGHT
I used to want you to write to me. Then, I wanted to generate the kind of attention that you do. Then I wanted to write like you. Finally I decided that you are just as flawed as I am, if not more so, and that it's when I try that people really respond. They respond to me, making the effort. Making the effort to beautify my life. It's going the extra mile, and it doesn't come easy to me. And even so, it's not my poetry that moves people, its my prose. And so I say to you: my final wish is that one day you will want to be like me. One day I hope that you will want to know me, and then we will write a story together. Maybe it will be our story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment