It's 12:46 on Thursday morning and I've just finished up making 2 of the 3 study guides I plan on making for my Interpersonal Communications exam. I've been sitting on the floor of the library since 8:30. My butt hurts, real bad. So does my back. It was freezing in here earlier - I guess I was sitting under a vent. Having the internet connected is a blessing and a curse- when it doesn't work (like on the second floor earlier) I freak out, and when it does, (like on the fourth floor) I get distracted easily.
Tonight, I will head back to my side of campus in a couple minutes and pick up the dress I've made for studio tomorrow. I still have yet to attach the 7 snaps that hold it shut down the front. The shawl collar is attached wrong, so the seam is on the outside, but it's only basted on. I'm not going to fix it tonight. I may not even fix it this week. It will be fine for my critique, as I'm short on time already.
Weather.com says it's going to be sunny and 80 degrees F tomorrow here in Raleigh, and so I'll end up in jeans and a t-shirt like I always do. It's warm outside and cold cold inside. I'll probably spend the morning at the coffee shop and the rest of the afternoon in studio listening to people explain projects that don't mean a damn thing to them or to me.
I have plans to get a haircut tomorrow but I've forgotten what time it's at. So I guess I'll have to go in early and ask. I had to draw a sketch because there are things I always forget to ask for. I have to remember to get her to thin my hair out, because it's so thick. She needs to cut it short short on the sides, and then in a kind of diagonal long to short on the top. I usually only wear it to one side, so it makes sense to me to cut it shorter on the underside. Plus, it looks cool when I straighten it - an awesome angled cut.
I also have plans to have lunch at one of my favorite bbq restaurants around here. As a true southern girl, my favorite is whatever the local is. As a Raleigh girl, however, we've learned the truth of how good Red Hot & Blue truly is. I'm craving a rack of ribs, dry rub. A glass of ice tea and please don't ask me to talk until the meal's over.
Tomorrow night I have completely off and I have not a clue what to do with myself.
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment