The last part of this is that I do not wish to be desired, and while it is flattering to be wanted for my mind as opposed to my body, I’d rather not be wanted at all. So that is as it’s always been – a desire on my part to want to be wanted but a real thought that I never seem to click with those who think they click with me.
Somewhere in the endless stream of dinners and coffee soaked nights I have somehow started to just want the food and drink and conversation and not what we both know is supposed to come after. The big assumption is where faith in personal interest taking precedent over rationality happens. The fiber exhibit coming up reminds me of first Fridays last year – unstructured, easy days. Everything has come full circle here.
Just kiss me, she says, just do it. Don’t be afraid of why or what she’ll think. Be aware of doing it, and why you’re doing it. But have the faith and courage and the maturity to be rejected – whether on your own merit or the merit of another. That is to say, if someone else is better than you, or she likes them more, have the courtesy to step aside and apologize if need be.
8 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment